At the heart of a successful call is the perfect script. No matter what you sell, your calls will be better structured, more effective and easier to improve if you use a consistent sales script. It doesn’t happen overnight, and requires focus and expertise to do it well.
At VOIQ, our campaign experts and intelligent call software constantly refine and optimize our client’s call messaging, so we know what a script should look like to qualify the most leads.
To give you an idea of what optimizing a phone script in real-time looks like, we’ll start with one of our B2B customers’ original script from their first lead gen call campaign, and some of our best tweaks that made their calls so successful.
The main goal of their campaign was to generate customer interest, collect contact details and offer a free sample.
After incorporating our optimizations into their original script, their conversion rate increased from 2% to 50% .
Lead Generation Campaign Script
- Greeting. Hi [Lead Name], my name is [Agent Name] from [Company Name].
|Are you calling direct lines or the company phone number? If it’s the latter, then you should adapt your greeting to the gatekeeper.
Hi, this is [Agent Name] from [Company Name]. May I please speak with [Lead Name]?
Remember, the more charm you turn on for the gatekeeper, the more helpful they’ll be.
- Q1. Did I catch you at an OK time?
Always be assertive, don’t leave the door open for the contact to slam it shut, especially in the first question of the conversation. Use your next question to push the conversation forward.
Q1. “Hi [Lead Name], I’m calling from [Company Name]. CONNECT WITH WHAT YOU HAD IN Q2: I'm sure you're busy and I want to respect your time, so I'll be brief.”
- Q2. I’m sure you’re busy and I want to respect your time, so I’ll be brief. The reason for my call is this. The holiday season is approaching quickly. [Company Name] specializes in [product specification]. We can deliver [Product] to your clients throughout the United States whether you have 1 or 1,000 recipients. Ordering with us it’s easy and stress-free.
- Q3. Would you be interested in learning more about our [Product] corporate programs?
- Yes (Q5)
- No (Q4)
Make sure to state the reason you’re calling right off the bat to help secure the attention and buy-in of the lead.
Q2. “The holiday season is approaching quickly. [Company Name] specializes in [product specification]. We can deliver [Product] to your clients whether you have 1 or 1,000 recipients. END YOUR STATEMENT WITH WHAT YOU HAD IN Q3: Would you be interested in learning more about our [Product] corporate programs?
Skip all those extra lines of information at the end of the script, and instead include them as part of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that can come up during the call.
- Q4. Thank you for your time. If you want to learn more about us, please visit us at www.company.com.
If the lead says he/she’s not interested, don’t leave it there. This is a great opportunity to capture their pushbacks or any mentions of existing supplier relationships, or to dig deeper into their purchasing process.
ADD Q3. “May I ask why you’re not interested?” _________________________ (Q5)
RESPOND TO YOUR LEAD WITH WHAT YOU HAD IN Q4:
- Q5. That’s great! Thank you! Where I can send you more information?
If you’re looking to capture a decision maker’s email address, make it easier for everyone by asking for it directly, and make sure to mention what the email will be about.
Q4. "That’s great! Can I get your email address to send you more information on how to make your first order?" (Q6)
- Q6. Would you be interested in a free sample tin of one of our best-selling products? We will ship this to you at absolutely no charge. We just want you to see first-hand the quality of our product.
Adding a sign off phrase is a great way to let your lead knows this is your last question.
Q6. “One more thing, Would you be interested in a free sample tin of one of our best-selling products?...”
Q7. Wonderful! Can I please get your mailing address?
How do you close a successful conversation?
Add something like: Q8. “Thanks for your time! you’ll be receiving an email with the information we covered shortly. Have a good one!.”
Do you need help building a custom sales script that lead to conversions? Let's chat!